Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fun Gift Idea~


Connie and I are doing a Santa's workshop in Payson on December 5th. 2 projects for $25 come anytime you can between 10 and 2. But I know going up to Payson isn't an option for most of you so I wanted to show you the project I will be teaching and give you some instruction on how to do it incase you are looking for a quick inexpensive gift idea.

 1. Take scraps of papers that will work together they don't have to be matchy matchy. I started with some Christmas scraps I had and then added a few random pieces. Tear and size them to fit on any size clipboard. Mine is a 6x9 Using Matt Medium or Mod Podge apply your papers to clip board using a brayer to adhere tightly. Once all your papers are on ink your edges as much as desired with Distress Vintage Photo and apply another layer of Matt Medium. This will give a cool glazing effect. Allow to dry.

2. Cut 2 pieces of crate paper about 16" long. Sew a gathering stitch at the top of each one. Gather and adhere with a wet glue or hot glue. Add a piece of tinsel, ribbon, or lace to the top one to cover the row of stitching. Add die cuts, embellishments, photos, etc. I just punch your holes for adding the wire with the small punch on your cropodile. It works great!

3. If you love the look of the scrunched up seam binding it is so quick and simple to do. You simply take some starch spray it and scrunch it up in the palm of your hand then allow to dry. If I am in a hurry I will use my heat gun to speed it up. It is so darn cute all scrunched up. Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Barbara Thompson said...

Great quick project. Love it. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.